Saturday, January 27, 2007

I do not want to study Christanity, I want to live it.


Today a team of 14 of us loaded up in our humble ambulance and went to the tribe of the Mangyan people. We went for a health and medical outreach. Us midwives spent time washing and braiding hair, giving hair cuts and doing wound treatment. The medics ran a clinic and the younger kids helped handout clothes and treats. It was such a blessing to spend time praying for each little one as we did their hair and washed their hands and feet. Although I will be working towards my midwifery degree, I am here as a missionary. I know when I put the will of God and doing His work first all my requirements and numbers fall into place. Actually living out what God tells us to do seems to be the most Christ-like thing I can do with my life. I want my life to be like the reflection of Jesus I see in the poorest of the poor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that! So great to hear that you're loving and serving God with everything you have. He is sooo good!