Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Born At Night

Woken by a door bell
In the middle of the night
So I can tippy-toe barefoot
Across the hardwood floors
I am growing up in this moment
At night when most are resting their sleepy heads
It would not be the same if people where awake to see
Watchful eyes can create boundaries
Life is intimately woven and perfectly created
She looks deep into my eyes
For strength and courage
Holds tightly to my hands
For reassurance and peace
I am scared and so is she
But she is brave and so am I
We draw strength from one who is greater
I give freely of all that I have
As love is made flesh before me
I feel like an infant
Although I know I'm somewhere in between
And as I mother this mother
I wish my own where here to comfort me
She always knows how to do it so perfectly
Like a new born babe not ready to be weaned
I need you still to nurture me
I am spreading my wings over this world
And I know my life is being written
In moments like this
As a watch the bond of mother and child before me
A family made complete
Love meeting face to face
I only begin to understand
The unconditional love you have given to me
And still at 21 a young lady growing older all I can say is
I Love You Mommy

No comments: