Sunday, June 3, 2007

There Is A Monster Under My Bed

As Lindsey and I slept uncomfortably sun burned in our double size bed surrounded by our thick mosquito net (which drastically limits the oxygen flow and slowly suffocates you) a monster played under our bed. He would have gone unnoticed had he not knocked over a bottle that was on our night stand. With that, Lindsey woke up and saw his reflection as he ran across our windowsill. She quickly clang to me waking me up and saying we have a rat in our room. That is the last thing you expect to hear or want to hear in the middle of the night. Before moving here I did not have much reference to rats except for Templeton on Charlotte's Web and even that singing and dancing rat freaks me out a little. I tried to be the brave one as I know Lindsey's fear of rats is much greater then mine. Then he ran across our head board and I was scared. So we tucked the mosquito net in all the way around the bed as tight as we could. Without any body parts leaving our protected cage I pushed through the net to turn on the head board lights. Then I grabbed a bag that contained some of my belongs shook it as hard as I could and threw it across the room, that should scare him away, right? So after the monster played on Lindsey's night stand, ran across our heads to my dresser we assumed it went up the wall, into the bathroom and out of our room. But we still spent the rest of the night in the middle of the bed with the lights on.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

that picture is the cutest rat i have ever seen! in fact, i think it is the only cute rat i have ever seen...yuck...it still creeps me out...

Kayla said...

Thank Mom for reminding me to edit my post before they are published. I hope this is a little better!