Monday, January 22, 2007

What I'm Up To???

If I live to be 80, this coming year will be 1/80 of my life and this year I am going to spend it serving God. It really is such a small sacrifice. I am currently a Midwife student with Mercy In Action. January 20th, 2007 I will be leaving for the Philippines to gain practical experience in midwifery and to practice and present the loving character of God. Mercy In Action is a missions focused school which allows me the opportunity to pursue a degree in midwifery while living out the passions and desires God has place in my heart. My time in the Philippines will be spent making rotations in hospitals, birthing centers and doing home births. I will be moving back and forth between Manila and Mindoro. In Mindoro we will be hiking into different villages to provide prenatal and postpatrum exams. Most of my labor and delievery experience will be in Manila. I want to thank you for your prayers, encouragement and support as it is by the love of family and friends that I find the courage to carry on in times of hardship. But by the grace of God alone am I able to take this first step onto a path that is lit by his love and mercy.

No comments: