Tuesday, March 6, 2007

First on the First



On the first of March I had my first catch! A baby boy named JM. His mother had been laboring very well all day long and then late in the evening we heard she was crowning all of a sudden and JM was out only minutes later. We barely had time to set up the room. I also delivered the placenta and did 3rd stage management. Lindsey was on the baby and gave him his shots and got him all cleaned up. He is very precious. The next day I did his newborn exam and bath. Then they came back on Monday and I did a postpartum check up on him and the mother. The pictures of Me and JM and JM with his older brother where taken on Monday so he is 4 days old. We had five births on out last shift and three with only two hours of sleep. Our first birth we had to use a vacuum extractor because the baby was presenting cephalic posterior and the mother had an anterior abdominal enterocele. All babies where born healthy, mothers and families are doing well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kayla. I miss you. Looks like God is blessing you immensely and you are blessing others. I'm so proud of you, you are inspiring. Keep going!! I love you so much. Kalispell homies forever :)